Hi! My name is Anna, and here are a few things about me:
- I am a first-generation college student.
- I am a current Composition, Rhetoric, and Literacy doctoral student at the University of Oklahoma.
My current scholarship interests include, but are not limited to, the following:
- the history of composition and rhetoric
- experimental and liberatory pedagogies
- issues of socio-economic class
- curriculum development
- the First-Year Experience/student persistence
- writing center studies
In a way, you could say I am drawn to issues concerning power dynamics.
I believe that my commitment to first-year students and teaching stems from the fact that I am a first-generation student on my way to becoming a working-class academic.